The ICTD 2015 Secretariat is pleased to announce the publication of the post-conference report!
Have your say about ICTD 2015 and help the future organizers of the conference: Click here to fill in the online evaluation form.
The registration desk is open from 8:00am to 1:00pm on Monday, May 18, 2015.
You can find the conference programme and schedule on this website. We also have an interactive version where you can sign up for sessions and access a mobile version of the programme. Here is a general overview of the conference:
- Day 1 (May 15): Open sessions from 9:00am until 5:15pm followed by a book launch and cocktail reception for all delegates until 7:00pm.
- Day 2 (May 16): Keynote and plenary from 9:00am until 6:00pm followed by the Gala Dinner for those who signed up for it.
- Day 3 (May 17): Plenary from 9:00am until 6:00pm followed by a conference party in the city for all interested.
- Day 4 (May 18): Open sessions from 9:00am until 5:00pm closing with a special Film screening and Q&A session.
Registration will be available at conference venue and online with payment via major credit card/cash. Click here to register online. Go here to view onsite registration fees.
For all the information you need before you get here:
- Arriving at the airport, including getting visas.
- Transportation to your accommodation.
- Getting to the conference venue.
- Maps of Singapore.
Learn about the interaction of ICTs and marginalized populations in Singapore, and the research done by the host institutions, Singapore Internet Research Centre, Wee Kim School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University
- We have compiled a list of places to visit and related articles to read and that we recommend to help you get the most out of your visit.
- There is also a list of tourist attractions that you can enjoy as well.
Welcome • 歡迎 • Selamat Datang • வரவேற்கிறோம்
A warm welcome to the Seventh International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development – or as we call it, ICTD2015!
As we wind down the timeline on the Millennium Development Goals, ICTD2015 continues to be a place to showcase and examine investigations, to deliberate and to challenge ideas and evidence, in an unceasing attempt to achieve the often elusive hope that ICTs can be enlisted in the service of human well-being.
ICTD2015 maintains the commitment to a multidisciplinary, research-focused conference with papers selected through a board-specified, double-blind peer-review process. We are proud to accept 22 Papers in a single track plenary, while continuing to foster inclusion by accepting 50 Notes, 34 Open Sessions and 27 Demos across 4 days of madness! We continue to support the growing global nature of our community by offering 38 travel scholarships to emerging scholars to not merely attend and interact, but to represent research from developing countries.
Outside the auditorium, a plethora of cultural activities await you on the campus of Nanyang Technological University, rated as not only the world’s top young university in terms of research and academic performance, but also ranked amongst the top 15 most beautiful universities in the world. I am grateful to the university leadership, to my team at the Singapore Internet Research Centre, and to our sponsors without whose financial support the wonderful conference programming and the travel grant scholarship awards could not have taken place.
As we invite you to join us in celebrating Singapore’s fiftieth year as an independent republic, note that this is not only a historic moment for citizens, but also a period of profound change in the economic, political, and societal landscape—a scenario in which ICTs are playing a significant role. We hope you will find the conference programme both intriguing and thought-provoking. Do keep your eyes and ears open as the city and its residents may offer similar insights.
Enjoy, and engage!
Associate Professor Arul Chib